So what's this all about?

Well...I'm off to spend the year in Montpellier and I thought writing a blog would be the best way to keep everyone up to date with what's going on, plus it's something I can look back on when I have to return home. So here goes!!

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Carcassonne!

So, I finally got round to going to Carcassonne - quite an important historical town in France, apparently! Despite having to make detours in Beziers and Narbonne (turns out if you buy the cheapest train ticket and get on an expensive train line, you WILL get chucked off), we eventually made it, thankfully with plenty of time to see the main site, the Cité de Carcassonne. It’s HUGE.







I feel like I’ve explored this region as much as I can now. The small towns are all very similar; small, ancient streets, cute little cafés and shops, the standard cathedral, often a river or a canal… And they’ve made for some great day trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment